I like to be in control, and to see my life set out in front of me like a carefully planned garden, but the truth is that uncertainty drives me to God, and takings risks helps me to focus on Him. God does not specialize in 10 year plans. The only thing that Paul knew for sure about his future was that it would include prison and affliction - not the sort of thing my comfort-loving nature wants to seek. However, the most important thing for Paul was the Gospel - he rightly saw his life as expendable in its service, and, as God's bond-servant, His to dispose of as he saw fit.
We don't get to choose either the sacrifices we make, or the results of our labours - that is for God to determine.

1 comment:
I'm spending time catching up on some blog reading instead of finishing tracing a pants pattern. (Can you say, 'Procrastination'?)
You're welcome for the recommendation! (Thought it would be polite to say that publickly.) I was quite struck by that sermon. Dave Harvey repeats an oft-heard theme, for which I'm grateful! I need all the reminders I can get!
Talk to you soon!
SDG!
Post a Comment